Chin improvements

Strangely enough, the front license plate helped the look of the front end of this truck. Now that I don’t have one, the front end looked a bit off. No problem, a few years ago I picked up a “chin” off a car at the JY. June 10th, 2012 to be exact.

2012-06-10 11.09.05

It was surprisingly difficult to get off the original car, and by the time I did manage to get it off, I wasn’t so sure I  wanted to install it on my truck. The reason being, it required about a dozen holes to bolt it on. In the end, I decided to just get it and put it on a shelf to possibly install some other time.

2014-06-14 13.03.55

Here’s a good before shot of the truck. You can also see in the bottom left of the above picture, the chin before I cleaned and repainted it. The black of the chin had seriously faded from age, it was more of a grey at this point. And there were a few spots where it had rubbed against things, allowing the yellow rubber core to show through. So I used some SEM plastic trim paint on it before installing it. 

Figuring out where to drill the dozen or so holes in the front end was no easy task. I did not take a picture of the front end with all those holes in it. Decided to skip to the “done” step.

2014-06-14 16.36.46
2014-06-14 16.37.03

I must say, it turned out better than I had expected. 

I need to deal with the chipped headlight bezels, and the mismatched/misaligned headlights next.

© Una 2011